September 21, 2010

Happy Birthday, Clark!

Our baby is one!! I can't even believe it!! He is getting such a little personality. Some things about Clark -

  • He loves trucks...well, really he loves anything with wheels. Not only does he love the toy trucks, but he loves to watch the traffic on the road in front of our house. The loud noises of motorcycles and logging trucks don't scare him at all!
  • His favorite foods are cheerios, diced ham, and pizza.
  • When he wants something, he points to it and yells at you to get it for him in gibberish.
  • He FINALLY sleeps through the night. That was something that took a long time!
  • When he dances, he bounces and walks around the room with a little swagger. Totally cute.
  • He is a cranky when he first wakes up. Seriously cranky.
  • He loves to watch his sisters and play with their toys.
  • I let him wake his sisters up on school days if they are sleeping in. He goes to their beds and "talks" to them.
  • If he wants to sit on your lap, he will walk in front of you a ways, and back up into you.
  • When he's eating, he prefers to have food in both hands, not just one.

I could go on and on and on!! I wonder what I'll be writing about him doing a year from now?

Here he is enjoying his birthday! He wouldn't eat the cake, he just squished it up really good and rubbed it in his hair. This is the last time you'll see those cute overalls with trucks on them. They got cake on them and Zeus dragged them out of the hamper and ate them. *sigh*

In other news, the girls are back at school and they just love it. Here's Isabel teaching me a song and dance about a fish. So funny!

Both girls are reading like crazy now. Elizabeth told me today that the teacher had her read a story to the class, and here's something that Isabel wrote the other day. She was drawing fruit for a birthday card for Clark and she put it up on the fridge. I noticed it later and was so amazed! It says, "But Elizabeth doesn't like watermelon."
This past weekend the girls spent the night with Grandma and Grandpa for the first time ever. They LOVED it. They didn't want to come home!! They are getting to be so grown up!

I know it's early, but we also took them to the first weekend that the pumpkin patch was open. We need to go back because our pumpkins are already looking like toothless old men on our front porch now, but the kids had such a great time! Here they are at the pumpkin patch -
We took home some pumpkins and Daddy helped them make jack-o-lanterns! The girls drew the faces that they wanted and Patrick carved it for them. He made a little one for Clark, too. It's the superman symbol with a C in it. So funny!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These pictures and the kids are precious. You'll really get an education by having a boy. They are so different from girls. I know you are enjoying seeing each of their personalities develop. Give them hugs from us.

Wilma

Venla said...

Happy Birthday Clark!!

Huge little boy. Pinja had also her birthday a month ago. She learned walking one week before her birthday :).

BTW, I haven't been here a while, cos i had lost this address. Now I found it again! Yei!

It sucks that I'm not on facebook anymore, but just because of you. I'd love to hear from you more often and keep in touch. Well... i try to visit here now :) I don't have time to have any blog of my own, cos i'm studing like crazy when Pinja is asleep and sometimes in the evening. It's great though :)

Love you!!