December 02, 2009

Christmas Parade

Last night we took the kids to see the Peterstown Christmas Parade and they loved it! I've never been to a parade at night before, but it was great! You could tell it was going to be awesome when kids started lining the streets with bags for the candy 30 minutes before it started.

Apparently our "don't talk to strangers" lessons haven't been taken seriously because before the parade started, every time a person walked past the van the girls rolled the window down and yelled, "HI!" They love attention!

They had a blast and waved at every float and car yelling, "Merry Christmas!" The most awesome part was when Santa came by on the last float. The girls were delirious with excitement. Maybe we'll take them to see the mall Santa this year!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Delirious is a good word for Christmas joy! I'm glad that they enjoyed and you shared so I could enjoy.

Oddgood said...

Sweet! I remember marching in that parade. (I remember you yelling out of car windows at passersby too!)