Today was Zeus' (estimated) birthday!! We decided it was an excellent reason to celebrate and an even better reason to buy cake. We hadn't been totally crazy on sugar since Valentine's Day so why not? Zeus is absolutely a member of our family (and I was nice to him ALL day...that was my gift to him). He lets the girls lay on him and put him in head locks and grab his ears without protest. They adore him! Clark acts like he can't even see Zeus and Zeus completely ignores Clark. Of course, that could be because early on whenever Zeus even looked in Clark's direction I had a fit. Anyway, Zeus is beloved by the girls. Here is Elizabeth with him this morning. Doesn't he look excited?

So what does one eat on his birthday? Cake, of course!! Grandpa stopped by and brought Zeus treats, too! Before we were ready, the girls were too quiet and were busted sticking their fingers in the cake. They came and yelled that the cake broke "all by itself!" Yeah, somehow the cake got fingerprints all over it and a hole missing all by itself!! Here's Isabel trying to look all innocent.

Don't worry, it wasn't chocolate and we even put in a doggy treat. I have never seen food disappear so quickly. He then took off to the back room with his doggy treat.

Clark had a treat, too! He had his very first taste of something besides milk today. He ate a "Baby Mum Mum" which aren't too bad (I HAD to taste it to see if it dissolved easily!). He chowed down!! They don't make as big of a mess as some other baby stuff, but if it gets on your clothes it dries up as hard as cement. I had to strip him.

Happy Birthday Zeus!!
1 comment:
Happy belated birthday Zeus!!!!
I loved those baby snacks for Suzie.
Post a Comment