January 30, 2013

First Skiing Trip

One of the cool things about teaching is going on field trips!  I love that I get to interact with students in a different environment.  Yesterday I went with the 8th graders skiing!  Now I have never been skiing before and I almost chickened out the night before.  A lot of the kids were surprised that I hadn't been before since we lived in Alaska, but we spent most of our time indoors up there!

First, I got fussed at by the instructor for not paying attention during our lesson, so the kids found that pretty funny.  I tried not to laugh myself.   After I made it down the bunny hill a few times without breaking anything, I set out to the slopes!  Let me tell you, I saw my life flash before my eyes several times.  I crashed a LOT..  We're talking skis in the air, poles half way up the hill behind me, and snow all down my shirt kind of crashes.  I had so much fun! 


No comments: