Life is rarely boring when you have twin 3 year olds and a 6 month old! This week was no exception. We've had playdates, hospital visits, ambulance's called, and milestones met.
I'll start off with the fun stuff. The girls had a playdate with 3 little girls and had a blast. At times they are so terrible sharing with each other (we're talking hair pulling brawls!) but when their friends come over they are so generous with their stuff. Thank goodness!

Then we went to the park to have a picnic and so that Daddy could fish a little bit after work.

Elizabeth wanted to help out her friends little sister and I thought this picture was just adorable!!!
I'm not sure if she's being sweet or bossy though, hee hee.

Clark is growing like crazy, too. He is eating stage 2 baby food! He's got his bottom two teeth already popped through and that boy is almost crawling! He can get on all fours and then he rocks. It won't be long now! I'm a little bit excited about him being mobile, but I'm also bummed that my baby isn't going to be a baby for much longer!

Now for the icky stuff. Friday night the girls were helping me fold laundry when Isabel fell backwards and hit her head on a radiator. I called Patrick at work to come and take her to the hospital because I felt like I was holding her head together. It was just terrible. Grandpa came over and held her until Patrick got home.
That girl had to get 4 staples and a CT scan!! What a tough little thing! She came home with a huge "How To Train Your Dragon" toy and kept trying to wake up Elizabeth to show her.

The next morning Patrick was at work and Isabel started throwing up - like 5 times - and I started freaking out. Throwing up couldn't be good after a head injury, could it? I called the hospital ER and asked. They, I found out, are not allowed to give any advice over the phone and told me that it was entirely up to me whether or not to bring her in. Seriously, people are so worried about being sued that they won't help each other nowadays? Anyway, she's still throwing up and I have no car so I call 911. Our county emergency people are AWESOME. They were so nice and sweet and good with the kids. They checked her out and told me that she was probably fine because by then she was so excited to have people over that she was jumping around and hugging everyone. They think that the throwing up might not've been related to the head injury because she was also having digestive issues. So maybe she has a virus on top of everything else. Possibly from the emergency room?
Anyway, I know injuries and stitches/staples are all a part of growing up but hopefully we've had our fair share and we won't have to worry about it again. One of the paramedics told me that he has 4 boys and said that they get hurt more often. I looked at Clark and told him not to say things like that!! ha ha
2 comments:
you should find out if your insurance or your local hospital offer a 1800 nurse hotline. They tell you exactly what to do. I wish I'd thought of that sooner...
I called one in Des Moines when my appendix was hurting, the nurse was nice but was really pushy about me going to the hospital because I "was about to pop from the inside out" hahahaha.. glad i listened...
Your girls are always so sweet at playdates :)
I tell ya, that was 2 very scary events in such a close time. You handle things so well!! I'm very glad her head injury was not worse.
Isn't it funny how some kids always get the stitches? Millie and Suzie's cousin has been in for stitches twice and she is only 3!
Post a Comment