March 21, 2009

Grandma is Here!

My mom is here! She's heading east tomorrow, but she gets to spend some time with the munchkins so I'm happy about that. They were shy for about 2 seconds and then were all over her. She was on our couch the first night, but I think the 5am wake up persuaded her to get a hotel last night. I was tempted to ask if I could come too, ha ha.

Yesterday while I was at work they hung out, shopped, and went to Cat Tails! The lion roared at them quite aggressively (although they said the handlers said he wasn't upset) and mom said that Elizabeth said, "I want to go away!" and Isabel gaped and covered her mouth. When they came to pick me up the girls kept saying, "The lion 'cared me!" Then we went downtown and gloriously stuffed ourselves.

Here's a picture mom took while they were there. I raided her camera this morning (hey I've been up since 5:30 and the girls are preoccupied with their new puzzles that Grandma got them).
Today we're going to the Bighorn Outdoor Adventure Show! We're going to see the bears from The Great Bear Show, go fishing for trout in an indoor lake, check out the rifle range (eh, probably not so much), and there's even going to be a virtual reality fishing generator! I have never been to one of these, but Patrick swears it's awesome. I will be taking my camera and I will get Grandma on film today! :)

No comments: