April 08, 2010

Happy Spring Break!

This has been an interesting week! I'd like to say that it's been a relaxing Spring break, that I've played outside with the kids and updated all of my scrapbooks. HA! It all started last year when Elizabeth got bit by a bat. This past weekend we had bat removal professionals here to bat-proof the house. They got 8 out of our attic and set up screens so that no more could get in. Apparently some were hiding from them because the next day a bat came flying through our living room! So they came back and got 6 more out. Then the next night I look up at the vents outside and see SIX bats trying to get out. So they came back again last night to remove them but only found one. They think that the rest of them died up there because they can't last long without water. Anyway, that was a long story....I guess I could have just said that we had bats. Anyway, I was terrified (It's not my fault - I was raised in Barrow where are no creepy crawlies!! I'm a wimp!!) so I took the kids and stayed with my dad for 3 nights! It was good to hang out with him. The girls LOVED it!

Here he is being silly with Clark. That boy is so smiley!!
I tried so hard to get the girls to look at me for a picture. I must have 10 pictures of them in varying poses and goofy faces. It was pretty funny. Here's my best shot. I wish that Elizabeth had been looking! That girl has selective hearing!
I love this picture of Patrick. He had taken the girls for a walk and they had run ahead of him on their way back. This is such a West Virginia country roads picture!
Dinah came down for Easter and the girls adore her. She is really good with Clark, too. He's a really laid back baby.
For Easter we all went to church. The girls had never been before and I was worried that they would be shy. They have a children's moment where all the kids go up to the front for a lesson. I was telling Dad that they would probably be too shy to go up there until they had been there a few times when the announcement came for all the children to go up front. Elizabeth's head snapped up and she yelled, "We're children!" and sprinted to the front of the church. Isabel went, but held my hand as we went up there. They always surprise me!! Clark was good too - he just hung out, happy as could be. Afterwards we went to my Aunt Loretta's (on my dad's side) house where my Grandma is living. The girls had everyone wrapped around their fingers and everyone loved holding Clark. SUCH good food!!

Here they are Easter morning.
Clark's first Easter!
On our way to church! They loved those hats!
Also - Clark has two teeth! His first bottom one popped through a few days ago and is coming up slowly and the second one just popped through the gums two days ago. I'm kind of sad that his toothless smile days are over! My baby is growing up!!

2 comments:

Mom C. said...

What a great photo-story. I feel as if I have been to visit.

Anonymous said...

Darn Facebook has made me completely space out on checking your blog!!! I was just going through and catching up. I can't believe how much the kids are growing! All three are such beauties, and you can tell they have amazing personalities to match.