Yesterday we were sitting in the car at an intersection and I saw a guy get off of a city bus and push the button for the light to cross the street. Two thoughts went through my mind. 1. I wonder where he got that huge slushy because I could go for one of those, and 2. He totally just pushed the wrong button for the street he wanted to cross. Seriously - he pushed the button facing one street and was trying to cross the other one.I guess the car was too quiet or something because for conversation I decide to tell Patrick that the dude over there is going to be waiting for a while because he pushed the wrong button. After the words come out of my mouth Patrick looks over at me. I couldn't quite figure out why he was looking at me like that, but it was kind of a mixture of surprise, amusement, and horror.
It turns out that I have been pushing the wrong button to cross the street for my entire life. I thought that the street the walk button was facing was the street to cross. That seemed like the most logical thing to me. It turns out you're supposed to cross the street parallel to the button.
In my defense I was raised in a town with one stoplight. So there.
**I twitter now! I don't know anyone else that twitters but I thought I'd be fun. My updates are over in the right hand corner of this blog. Useless? Yes, but also fun :-)
4 comments:
I now twitter, too. Hit me.
Oh, maybe you better just look both ways when you cross a street.
Love, MOM
Yay for twitter! We are just so with the times!
It's ok, I didn't know that either :) And I was raised in a town with zero stoplights, wait make that a whole county, haha.
Well I have no clue what "twittering" is, so I am clueless on that one:)
Post a Comment