May 10, 2009

To My Mom

Dear Mom,

It isn’t enough to have only one day a year to tell you what an amazing mother you are – I try my hardest to make sure that you know every day that in a world full of mothers, you are the best. For you every day should be Mother’s Day!

If I wasn’t lucky enough to have you as a mom, I would have missed out on the great friendship we have developed throughout the years. Your adventurous personality has inspired me to try new things whether they are small things like riding the gondola (even though it’s terrifying) or big things like not being too afraid to leave Alaska.

You are the person who I can call no matter what – I can tell you anything and be completely honest. I don’t know if it’s because people say that we are so much alike or not, but you always make me feel better and you always take my side. Never one to sugarcoat, I can count on you to be honest and supportive.

Thank you for being who are you without apology – and showing me that it is okay to be that way too!

I love you, Mom!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your words are a lovely gift. Remember all those times I said, "You'll thank me someday."? I never really believed it. Guess this is the day. Tears.

Oh, and I thought I sugarcoated all the time! Grins. Happy Mother's Day to you, too.

Love, MOM

Victoria said...

Awwww!!!!
I love mommies :)