I was reading the blog Between the Lines and liked a post-election idea that she had. President Bush has been the leader of our country for 8 years...almost all of my adult life! Now we're going to have quite the change and it's exciting to think about what the future holds! Here's a list of how my life has changed in the past 8 years:
(8 years ago I was a sophomore in college!)
I met my husband.
We got engaged.
I graduated from college.
We moved to a different state.
I got my first teaching job.
We got married.
We got pregnant (with twin girls).
We learned together how to be parents.
We moved to another state.
Right now, despite having insane stresses and struggles with jobs and finding a home, we are happy.
I can't wait to see what the future brings for us!
Add your own! How has your life changed in the past 8 years?
3 comments:
Great! I should do same kind of list :)
Congratulations to your new website!
Geez, eight years! Eight years ago I was in my fourth year of teaching, living in beautiful Monterey, CA, and got married.
In the last 8 years, I moved six times!
In the year twooo thousannnnnnnnnd!
(for any Conan O'Brien fans out there)
8 years ago, I was alone in the mountains of WV. Wasn't accomplishing much, but (and maybe because) I was having a great time being a hermit.
7 years ago, a few months of temp jobs had finally landed me a full time job in NC.
6 years ago, I was working at Viewpoint, and doing pretty well.
5 years ago, I had roommates and was laid off from a job, both for the first time ever.
4 years ago, I was living alone in NC again, and I went over a whole year without a steady job. Stressful!
3 years ago, I moved from NC to AK.
2 years ago, I started taking college classes again.
1 year ago I rather suddenly became a teacher. Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot! I thought at the time.
This year, I'm on my own again. In Barrow. What a weird eight years it's been.
Post a Comment