November 16, 2008

Little Druggies


The girls usually wake up around 5:00 a.m. If I'm lucky I'll get until 5:30 or 5:45 until they come in and wake me up. The house is blocked off with a gate except for our room and then the bathroom, but the bathroom's doorknob is kid-proofed so they supposedly can't get in there.

Well, this morning around 5:00 I heard them talking and giggling and was thrilled that they weren't waking me up and playing on their own. Next thing I hear is Patrick voice saying, "We have a serious problem." Apparently the girls busted in the bathroom (or it wasn't shut all of the way) and in the floor there were 15 cough drop wrappers.

I smelled their breath and neither girl smelled like cough drops, so that was a relief. But where were 15 cough drops? We finally found them. The girls had put them back into the cough drop bag. Apparently the wrappers were much more fun than the actual medicine, thank goodness!


3 comments:

DKSBrayton said...

So cute! We love the new blog.

Anonymous said...

OH my goodness! I'm so glad they didn't eat those! And 5 am, geez, I'm not complaining anymore, haha.

Anonymous said...

When I had my neverending cough and sour throat in September and October, I also had a neverending parade of cough drops much like those.

My students accuse me of sneaking candy, so I lean over and say, "Smell."

The stink of menthol-eucalyptus-something vaguely cherry-like drives em back like vampires from garlic.